Tuesday, May 1, 2007

May Day! May Day!

Dear Debt Loss Diary,

It's May 1st and I am starting the month off feeling in control of my debt and NOT helpless! It's a really awesome feeling.

Over the weekend, I paid off the Discover Card. It was a total of $9000 that I scrapped together from my pay, tax refunds, and change that I had been saving through Bank of America's Keep the Change program. The main reason I choose to throw everything towards this credit card, was the great 5.9% offer they gave me on balance transfers! This is the best rate offer I have on any of my cards, and I am determined to take full advantage of it.

I called US Bank to see what my current rate and transfer offer were with them - and although I was happy that they lowered my interest rate from 32% to 20%....I was disappointed that they had no special offer for balance transfers. Well, I wasn't upset - just disappointed. So, I promptly got back online and transferred that balance to my Discover card. And so goes the debt reduction game.

I am really happy with both Bank of America and Discover Card right now. Both of these banks have been willing to work with me to help me conquer my debt. I have no problem giving them my business and taking away from the other banks.

-me

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on paying off a card! That's awesome!!

And it's great that you now have a balance sitting at 5.9%. More money going towards the balance and not interest ;)

I'm looking forward to reading more. I've added you to my feed reader :)