Thursday, May 10, 2007

My Favorite Book....Right Now

Dear Debt Loss Diary,

I LOVE TO READ. I could spend hours at Barnes & Noble or Borders. I could also spend lots of money - but I have learned to curb my habits. The library works out to be much cheaper :)

Every couple weeks I'll be posting my favorite book - with a link to Amazon.com (a WONDERFUL website - which I am also using to hopefully sell a bunch of books I no longer want). I am reading "Girl, Get Your Credit Straight", and it is one of the better books I have seen out there about eliminating debt and creating a solid financial future. It's perfect for all us girls out there, who have debt and need to get it together.

Now, I mentioned that I was selling books on Amazon.com - I really found the process of registering to sell and then listing my books to be so simple! Actually, it was SO much simpler than eBay. I must tell you though, I like eBay for a lot of things, and will be putting items up for Auction there as well. But for books - Amazon.com rocks!

I picked up some extra cash this weekend, helping a woman that advertised on Craigslist for some accounting type help. Basically, it was a ton of doublechecking of data on some spreadsheets. It was a lot of time, and I spent most of a gorgeous Sunday inside, but I have $135 to show for it!

I hope to be adding a part-time job next week to my schedule, teaching a few water aerobics classes and swim lessons each week. I figured I could make an extra $500-$600 after taxes - which would go a long way towards my debt reduction. Plus, I will be getting paid to exercise!!!

-me

No comments: