Sunday, April 22, 2007

It Pays to Recycle!

Dear Debt Diary,

I drink a lot of water. I am trying to drink more so that I can take this extra weight I have gained back off. Plus, I feel so much better when I am hydrated, and my skin looks better. The downside is going the bathroom what feels like every 10 minutes. But if I lose 25 lbs I can live with that!

I went to the recycling center the other day with all my plastic bottles, as well as a bunch of glass bottles from my friend's place. Basically, I filled up the whole trunk of my car and then some. I got $12.73 back in cash! California, like many states, has a recycling deposit on cans, bottles and plastic. It's 4 cents for small containers and 8 cents for large ones. BUT the cool thing is - you get 5 cents BACK for small and 10 cents BACK for large. So, you net a little bit. It might seem like hard work, but it's fairly simple to remember to just rinse the container and put it in a separate bag. I now plan to go once a month to recycle what I have collected. The cash went right into my piggy bank ( yes, I do have a piggy bank and I promise to write a blog about it soon).

That's all for now....I'll write more soon on my current debt totals and plan to pay it down.

-me

No comments: