Saturday, April 14, 2007

Long time, no blog

Dear Debt Loss Diary,

Well, I can't believe a month has flown by and I have not been blogging! However, I have been hard at work paying down debt and saving money. I had a super day yesterday when I logged in to check my balance transfer offers from Discover Card - and to my shock and excitement, I have a 5.6% offer! Up until now, they were offering 19.99% so all the hard work I have been doing in the last 6 months has paid off (no pun intended). Now, I have a balance of $9100 on my Discover Card currently, so to take full advantage of this offer, I am going to take every available penny I can squeeze from my budget and savings to pay off that card, and then transfer the balance from my Chase card (currently at a crazy 29%). I'll only be able to make the minimums on my other cards, and I will have to be a little creative to make it happen - I have until May 10th to make the transfer, so I think between the money I have saved up as of today and my next two paychecks, it will come close. It's worth eating less ( I need to lose weight anyways) and really putting everything I can towards Discover Card at this point. I'll save so much in interest, and I will reduce my debt by almost 1/3 in the process.

No comments: